Payments and Cards
The Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Card Launches
BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com – A New, Interactive Family Travel Planning Resource
Sep 17, 2020 Most parents (85%) anticipate traveling domestically in the next year and cite a desire to spend time together, improve bonds between family members and create new memories as the reasons they take vacations. BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com is designed to help families meet these needs while they wait to travel.
WILMINGTON, Del.– September 17, 2020 – Today, The Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Card announced the launch of BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com – a new interactive, online resource that enables families to plan future travel, together. Along with this launch, Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ also released new findings from a recent survey of parents and grandparents that uncovered:
- Most (three in five) parents believe children are important resources for inspiration and ideas in planning family vacations
- One-third of parents don’t currently involve their children in planning but would like to.1
BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com makes it fun to include children in travel planning by providing families with interactive and educational resources that make it easy to involve the whole family in vacation planning. It also grants families the opportunity to learn about various destinations and types of vacations they can partake in when they are ready to travel again. The website and its resources were created in partnership with the renowned family psychologist, Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, who provided tips on empowering children across age groups, preferences and needs to participate in the travel planning process.
“Planning travel with your children or grandchildren is not only a fun family activity but also a learning experience in which kids can build core life skills such as communication, cooperation, and compromise,” Dr. Hartstein said. “BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com is a one-stop-shop for all the resources you need when engaging your whole family in the planning process, including tips by children’s age and a database of recommended travel-themed books and movies that everyone can enjoy together before embarking on their trip.”
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ survey found that nearly half (48%) of respondents find it challenging to decide on a place everyone likes and/or choose a destination. The website features an interactive vacation profile builder called a VACAVATAR (pronounced vei-kei-vuh-taar, VACAVATAR is a mashup of the words "vacation" and "avatar"). The VACAVATARS allow each family member to create their "vacation self" with accessories, clothing, scenery, and gear that depict them on their dream vacation – a fun activity that families can do together. Once the whole family's vacation preferences are selected, the VACAVATARS will generate a list of Marriott Bonvoy hotel properties at destinations that align with the family's dream vacation.
“Traveling together as a family is the perfect time to create memories and connect with those who matter most. While travel has been put on pause for much of this year, we believe that utilizing BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com for future travel planning is an excellent way to bond as a family and make memories together before the vacation even begins,” said Matt Schlitz, General Manager Marriott CoBrand Cards at Chase.
“When planning travel involves the whole family, every voice is heard, and it results in more meaningful experiences for all. With this new tool, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card aims to engage families and inspire the next generation of travelers by spreading the joy of good travel,” said Dave Patron, Head of Global Card Program at Marriott.
In addition, the Bold Family Travel Planning Survey revealed:
- Most (85%) of parents anticipate traveling domestically in the next 12 months and almost half said they would take a road trip (44%) or stay in a hotel (43%) within the next 6 months.
- Half (52%) of parents surveyed are likely to use a vacation profiling tool for their next trip.
- Parents responded that nearly half (46%) of their children under 18 have a lot of influence during the planning process. Still, parents are the ones typically actually doing the planning (74% of parents said they’re the ones participating in planning).
- When children are involved in the planning process, half (51%) of parents reported that the children feel more engaged in the vacation, and the majority (68%) said the children become more excited about the trip.
- Most respondents (81%) agreed that if they plan ahead for a trip, they can relax more on the vacation with their family.
BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com is brought to you by The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card, a no-annual fee travel rewards credit card, which offers 3X points on purchases at more than 7,000 properties participating in Marriott Bonvoy, 2X points on other travel purchases, and 1X points on all other purchases. The cardmembers also receive 15 elite night credits each calendar year (qualifying cardmembers for Silver Elite Status) and no foreign exchange fees.