New United Explorer Card: Cardmembers Are Now Rewarded In the Air and on the Ground
WILMINGTON, DE Jun 01, 2018 United Explorer Card adds new benefits including 2X miles on hotel stays and restaurant purchases, $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check statement credit and 25% back on in-flight purchases, plus a $100 statement credit after first purchase and a limited time 40,000 miles new cardmember bonus offer. United Airlines and Chase Card Services to Sponsor a Sweepstakes Giving Away up to 20 Million Miles
Chase Card Services, the leading co-brand credit card issuer in the U.S., and United Airlines today introduced the new UnitedSM Explorer Card. The card will now offer an expanded 2 miles per $1 on hotel stays and restaurant purchases in addition to 2 miles per $1 on purchases with United, valuable travel credits and in-flight benefits and discounts. Additionally, to celebrate the enhanced benefits, this summer Chase and United be giving away up to 20 million miles to select United travelers.
- 2 miles per $1 spent on hotel stays
- 2 miles per $1 spent on restaurants purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check statement credit
- 25 percent back on United in-flight purchases when using the card (includes Wi-Fi, food and beverages)
- 2 miles per $1 spent with United Airlines
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free checked bag when you pay with the card (for primary and one other person)
- Priority boarding
- 2 United ClubSM passes per year
- Miles don’t expire as long as you have the card
- No blackout dates
- Last seat availability
- No foreign transaction fees
- Inside Access from Chase program offers more than 30 unique event experiences per year in entertainment, food, sports and fashion
- All for $0 intro annual fee for the first year, and $95 annually every year after
In addition to the enhanced card benefits, for a limited time new United Explorer Cardmembers can earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months after account opening. Plus, a $100 statement credit after the first purchase is made on the card and a zero introductory annual fee for the first year, and $95 thereafter.
“We’re excited to introduce an upgraded United Explorer Card and celebrate our customers all summer long. We listened to customer feedback and worked with Chase to provide enhanced rewards that deliver on what our customers value most,” said Luc Bondar, United's Vice President of Loyalty, “By offering additional benefits such as up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check statement credit, and 25 percent back on United in-flight purchases, the new United Explorer Card rewards customers for their everyday purchases and throughout their travel journey.”
“We know travel extends far beyond the airport, so we are providing opportunities for cardmembers to enjoy more value and earn more rewards before, during and after their travel experiences,” said Leslie Gillin, Chase Co-Brand Cards President. “No matter if you are taking a flight, trying a new restaurant or booking a hotel, with the new United Explorer card we are rewarding you for your travel and providing benefits and perks along the way.”
A Rewarded Summer
To reinforce the increased value cardmembers will receive with the new United Explorer Card, this summer United and Chase will introduce the new Rewarded marketing campaign featuring award-winning actress Tracee Ellis Ross. Tracee will showcase how cardmembers will be rewarded at every point in their travel experience.
Additionally, customers will have the opportunity to feel rewarded all summer long with activities including:
- Rewarded Flights: In select gate areas at three surprise locations within United hubs, customers will be greeted with fanfare and a sweepstakes giving away prizes such as hotel stays or restaurant vouchers and inflight perks. The ultimate surprise will be on three “rewarded” flights where customers can win a portion of up to 20 million United MileagePlus miles. No purchase necessary, see the Official Rules for the sweepstakes here: Rewarded.ChaseOnlineSweepstakes.com/official-rules
- Twice in a Lifetime Rewarded: Starting later this month, PopSugar.com will be hosting a promotion for United cardmembers and MileagePlus members. Stay tuned for more information.
- United Explorer Card Food Truck: Together with Visa, the United Explorer Card food truck will roam New York City throughout July, rewarding consumers with a sampling of treats from some of the popular restaurants at the airline’s New York area hub at Newark Liberty International Airport.
The refreshed United Explorer Card is part of a credit card program that also includes the UnitedSM TravelBank, United MileagePlus® Explorer Business and United MileagePlus® Club Cards. For more information about the new United Explorer Card, please visit www.theexplorercard.com.