How Are Americans Feeling About Credit Today?
Findings from the Chase Slate 2016 Credit Outlook:
- 46% describe their personal financial situation as "fair" or "poor"
- 1-in-3 are not happy with their credit score
- 28% aren't confident their credit score can help them achieve life goals
- 20% of those who haven't checked their score in a year say it is out of fear it will be low
- More than 1/2 think they'd have benefitted from knowing their credit score in the past
- 38% checked their credit score because they're interested in where they stand
- 3-in-5 believe a higher credit score can make them happier
- 82% of those unhappy with their credit score would like to improve it in 2016
- 69% are making choices today they believe will help their credit worthiness in the future
The Chase Slate 2016 Credit Outlook was commissioned on behalf of Chase Card Services and conducted via an online survey by Stratalys Research, an independent research company. Interviews were conducted from December 2 - 15, 2015 among a nationally representative sample of 1,000 respondents age 18 and older. The credibility interval for a sample size of 1,000 is +/- 3.6% and larger for subgroups.
© JPMorgan Chase & Co. all rights reserved.